In the Refreshing segment of our series Uplifting Vacation Destinations we bring to you our top three refreshing destinations.
Gangtok’s mystical beauty and untouched environment make it the most refreshing city to visit in India. Nothing can beat the call of Gangtok with a sight at every turn, extremely clean neighbourhoods, and liveable resorts.
The things to do in Gangtok include:
- Visiting the Tsomgo Lake that is Kilometre long and 50 meters deep
- Nathula pass at the India-China border
- MG Marg (very popular destination) for street shopping and seeing Gangtok city life.
- Himalayan Zoological park that is probably the only place in India to see the Red Panda.
The best time to visit Gangtok is between October to December. During this time the views are clear of the scenic landscape are visible or between March and May when spring is in full bloom.
A tea lover’s paradise, Munnar has sprawling tea gardens spread across the Munnar hills. The town has a thousand shades of green that can refresh and purify you at first sight. The town is set an altitude of 6000 ft. and was a favourite summer resort for the British during the colonial days.
As per the Munnar tourism authority, it has been described as a place one would never wish to leave. The things to do in Munnar include:
- Visiting the Kolukkumalai Tea Estate, Tea Gardens, and Attukal.
- Cheeyappara Waterfalls
- Lock Heart Gap Lookout
- Multiple other viewpoints and sights.
Every lookout or in other words every time you open your eyes in Munnar you see a refreshing and rejuvenating sight.
The best time to visit Munnar is during the winter between December to February. The temperature drops to around 12 degrees, and all sightseeing spots are open to visitors.
Queen of the hills, situated at the foothills of the Himalayas, Mussoorie, stands above all other Hill Stations in the Himalayan state of Uttarakhand. It is located approx. 2000 meters above sea level. It has pleasant weather throughout the year and it overlooks the Doon Valley. Mussoorie is an hour or 35 kilometres drive from Dehradun.
The places to visit in Mussoorie include:
- Stunning sights of the Shivalik Ranges and the Doon Valley from Gun Hill
- Childer’s Lodge, and Kempty waterfall.
- The Mall in Mussoorie is a heritage sight that gives one a colonial experience while walking the promenade. Walking the Mall is a refreshing and captivating experience that every visitor should experience in Mussoorie.
Best time to visit Mussoorie is during the summers between April to June due to moderate summer temperatures of around 18 to 20 degrees compared to the rest of the country.