World pharma news: RELEUKO® (filgrastim-ayow), a biosimilar to Neupogen, was officially launched by Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Amneal pharmaceuticals in collaboration with Kashiv Biosciences developed this drug.
Specifically, the drug is used to treat Neutropenia a condition commonly experienced by patients undergoing chemotherapy.
Harsher Singh, SVP of the Amneal Biosciences division said, “RELEUKO is our second U.S. biosimilar launch and represents the next step in building out our biosimilars business. In, addition this product is another important oncology therapeutic offering for providers and their patients as we look to make essential medicines more accessible for all”
- It reduces the prevalence of infection, as indicated by febrile neutropenia, in non-myeloid cancer patients on myelosuppressive anti-cancer medications, which is significantly related to severe neutropenia and fever
- Particularly, reduces the amount of time to neutrophil recovery and the duration of fever in patients with acute myeloid leukemia after induction or consolidation chemotherapy
- Additionally, slow down the progression of neutropenia and its clinical aftereffects, such as febrile neutropenia, in patients with non-myeloid malignancies who are undergoing myeloablative chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation (BMT)
- Moreover, minimizes the frequency and duration of severe neutropenia-related complications in symptomatic patients with congenital, cyclic, or idiopathic neutropenia
Furthermore, read more latest news from today, Nov 24, 2022:
Clinical Trial Updates – Global
- A first clinical trial to test a novel heart attack drug (EP)
Technology Advances – Global
- New Risk Score Tool Provides Accurate Predictions of Dementia Patterns (HIA)
- Doctors Make Their Own Long COVID Protocols (WD)
New Drug Approval Updates
- FDA approves the first drug to delay type 1 diabetes (EP)
See and learn more about our website by clicking on the internal links below:
- Healthcare News Today Features AI Tool Reduces Risk of COVID-19 – Hidoc Updates
- Government forms new regulation called the Uniform Code of Pharma Marketing Practices – Hidoc Updates
- A Rare Genetic Disorder Is Treated In The Womb – Hidoc Updates
- Simple ways to engage Doctors at Conferences? – Hidoc Updates
About Hidoc Dr:
Our company Hidoc Dr. is a Digital Platform for Doctors with an audited reach of 8 Lakh Doctors across India. Additionally, Hidoc Dr. provides Digital Marketing services to your brands to reach Doctors across all Specializations and Geographies. Furthermore, Hidoc Digital Solutions guarantee 3x Brand Recall compared to any other digital solutions today.