Healthcare trends 2022: Even after Three years of COVID-19 outbreak in China, the country seems to be at its worst. Millions of the citizens are exposed to the infection and a huge number is at the risk. Reports of hospitals of several Chinese cities depicts that hospitals are overwhelmed with patients and morgues are filled with bodies of COVID patients.
Moreover, mathematical models predicts even worse situation in China in the next 3 months depending on the current scenario. About 800 million infections and 0.5 -2 million deaths can occur in next 3 months in China.
Possible reasons associated:
According to the top virologist Dr Gagandeep Kang, China’s current situation is the result of the combination of four factors:
- Less number of vaccinations of the most vulnerable group (90% of population with age >18 received two shots of vaccination)
- Low penetration of the booster vaccines (50% of the population with age > 60 received booster jab)
- Massive quarantines, stringent travel restrictions resulted in growing public pressure after almost three years
- Hospitals are usually under pressure during winter because of other viral infections and the surge of COVID-19 have made it worse
However, India on the other hand has undergone three consecutive waves of COVID but is successful in lowering the number of infections to 3,559. Moreover, variants like BF.7 are highly transmissible and are expected to be present in India for a long time.
COVID updates in India
According to Dr Anurag Agrawal, India has much higher population immunity and it is expected that the majority of the population is already infected with Omicron. Additionally, a large fraction has both Delta and Omicron infections indicating India’s capability to fight against upcoming waves of COVID.
Furthermore, Kang said a large vaccination programme of India has helped in fighting against the infection. Moreover, the presence of hybrid immunity adds an advantage to the Indians. Kang also added emergence of new variant can create a concern for the Indians.
Furthermore, read more latest news from today, Dec 22, 2022:
New drug updates – Global
Lecanemab: Why a new Alzheimer’s drug has drawn praise and some concern (MNT)
New Therapy updates- Global
World’s first approval of an allogeneic T-cell immunotherapy (EUP)
Clinical trial updates – Global
CHMP recommends fenfluramine for LGS-associated seizures (EUP)
Physician updates – Global
Nudges to Clinicians & Patients Triples Statin Prescribing (PW)
See and learn more about our website by clicking on the internal links below:
- Clinical Drug Development Process: First targeted delivery of siRNA into muscle
- Biologics development: First leukemia patient given base-edited CAR T cells
- Clinical Phases of Drug Development: Dostarlimab combination facilitates promising lung cancer survival
- Healthcare technology news: AI-enabled Imaging of Retina Can Specify Heart Disease Risk
- Latest radiotherapy news today: Radiotherapy with immunotherapy increases lung cancer survival-Hidoc Updates
- Pharma Global News: FDA approves first gene therapy for Hemophilia B–Hidoc Updates
- Healthcare News Today Features AI Tool Reduces Risk of COVID-19 – Hidoc Updates
- Government forms new regulation called the Uniform Code of Pharma Marketing Practices – Hidoc Updates
- A Rare Genetic Disorder Is Treated In The Womb – Hidoc Updates
- Simple ways to engage Doctors at Conferences? – Hidoc Updates
About Hidoc Dr:
Our company Hidoc Dr. is a Digital Platform for Doctors with an audited reach of 8 Lakh Doctors across India. Additionally, Hidoc Dr. provides Digital Marketing services to your brands to reach Doctors across all Specializations and Geographies. Furthermore, Hidoc Digital Solutions guarantee 3x Brand Recall compared to any other digital solutions today.