Healthcare trends 2022:
“While patients with more advanced HIV are known to be at greater risk for COVID-19. It is still a question whether vaccination against COVID-19 would benefit all patients with HIV”.
Referring to earlier data, Michael A. Horberg, MD, MAS, FACP, FIDSA, explained the risk of getting infected with COVID in patients with HIV (PWH) still exists even if they are vaccinated.
The cohort study explained the severity of infection among vaccinated PWH and PWoH (people without HIV). The study was presented in JAMA Network Open. It included PWH who were engaged in care and fully vaccinated. And PWoH who were matched based on age, race, ethnicity, sex, and the date they completed the full vaccine series
Moreover, the proportion of patients who received mechanical ventilation or died was given. Additionally, a comparative study was given according to HIV status of the patients.
Based on the study, Dr. Horberg first noted that “vaccination works.” Severe breakthrough infection was noted among patients with HIV with lower CD4 counts. Moreover, PWH who were female, older age, and diagnosed with cancer were associated with higher risk for severe breakthrough illness.
Dr. Horberg added, prior infection with COVID-19 or receipt of a booster was associated with decreased risk of infection. However, “this risk is not zero,” even after vaccination. Further, Dr. Horberg and colleagues focused to address “whether vaccination impacts post-acute sequelae of SARS-CoV-2, among PWH compared with PWoH.
Furthermore, read more latest news from today, Dec 29, 2022:
Clinical Trial Updates – Global
Hypertension: 2 blood pressure drugs equally effective in large trial (MNT)
Technology Advances- Global
Telemedicine Reduces Likelihood of No-Show Visits Among Surgical Patients (HM)
New Drug Approval updates – Global
EC approves Zynlonta® for large B-cell lymphoma (EPR)
Physician updates – Global
COVID-19 Vaccination During Pregnancy Benefits Neonates and Pregnant Individuals (PW)
See and learn more about our website by clicking on the internal links below:
- Healthcare trends 2022: India on alert for new variants as COVID wave sweeps China
- Healthcare trends 2022: China stares at another COVID-19 crisis; can India stay immune?
- Clinical Drug Development Process: First targeted delivery of siRNA into muscle
- Biologics development: First leukemia patient given base-edited CAR T cells
- Clinical Phases of Drug Development: Dostarlimab combination facilitates promising lung cancer survival
- Healthcare technology news: AI-enabled Imaging of Retina Can Specify Heart Disease Risk
- Latest radiotherapy news today: Radiotherapy with immunotherapy increases lung cancer survival-Hidoc Updates
- Pharma Global News: FDA approves first gene therapy for Hemophilia B–Hidoc Updates
- Healthcare News Today Features AI Tool Reduces Risk of COVID-19 – Hidoc Updates
- Government forms new regulation called the Uniform Code of Pharma Marketing Practices – Hidoc Updates
- A Rare Genetic Disorder Is Treated In The Womb – Hidoc Updates
- Simple ways to engage Doctors at Conferences? – Hidoc Updates
About Hidoc Dr:
Our company Hidoc Dr. is a Digital Platform for Doctors with an audited reach of 8 Lakh Doctors across India. Additionally, Hidoc Dr. provides Digital Marketing services to your brands to reach Doctors across all Specializations and Geographies. Furthermore, Hidoc Digital Solutions guarantee 3x Brand Recall compared to any other digital solutions today.