Global Healthcare trends: A meeting took place on 30 December between WHO and China. It focus on discussing the current situation of China due to the surge in COVID-19 cases.
The high-level officials of China’s National Health Commission and the National Disease Control and Prevention Administration briefed WHO about the strategy and actions China has taken in the areas of epidemiology, monitoring of variants, vaccination, clinical care, communication and R&D.
In response to it, WHO asked for sharing specific and real-time data on the epidemiological situation including hospitalizations, intensive care unit (ICU) admissions and deaths. Further, data on vaccinations delivered and vaccination status, especially in vulnerable people and those over 60 years old.
WHO called on China to strengthen their procedures of viral sequencing, clinical management and impact assessment. Moreover, WHO has also expressed willingness to provide support in these areas.
Chinese scientists are invited in WHO-led COVID-19 expert networks including the COVID-19 clinical management network. Furthermore, the scientists are also asked to present detailed data on viral sequencing on 3 January meeting. The meeting will be held by the Technical Advisory Group on SARS-CoV-2 Virus Evolution on 3 January.
Monitoring and the timely publication of data is recommended by WHO. This will help China and the global community to formulate risk assessments procedures and record the effective responses.
Furthermore, read more latest news from today, Jan 2, 2023:
Technology Updates- Global
ML Model Accurately Predicts Need for Massive Transfusion During Surgery (HIT)
Physician updates – Global
Noninvasive Interventions Can Reduce Spine Pain Versus Usual Care (PW)
Factors ID’d for Hearing Loss in Newborns With Congenital Cytomegalovirus (PW)
Nurse-Driven Protocol Ups Pneumococcal Vaccination Rates (PW)
See and learn more about our website by clicking on the internal links below:
- Healthcare trends 2022: Immune Suppression Impacts Risk for Breakthrough Infection after COVID-19 Vaccination
- Healthcare trends 2022: India on alert for new variants as COVID wave sweeps China
- Healthcare trends 2022: China stares at another COVID-19 crisis; can India stay immune?
- Clinical Drug Development Process: First targeted delivery of siRNA into muscle
- Biologics development: First leukemia patient given base-edited CAR T cells
- Clinical Phases of Drug Development: Dostarlimab combination facilitates promising lung cancer survival
- Healthcare technology news: AI-enabled Imaging of Retina Can Specify Heart Disease Risk
- Latest radiotherapy news today: Radiotherapy with immunotherapy increases lung cancer survival-Hidoc Updates
- Pharma Global News: FDA approves first gene therapy for Hemophilia B–Hidoc Updates
- Healthcare News Today Features AI Tool Reduces Risk of COVID-19 – Hidoc Updates
- Government forms new regulation called the Uniform Code of Pharma Marketing Practices – Hidoc Updates
- A Rare Genetic Disorder Is Treated In The Womb – Hidoc Updates
- Simple ways to engage Doctors at Conferences? – Hidoc Updates
About Hidoc Dr:
Our company Hidoc Dr. is a Digital Platform for Doctors with an audited reach of 8 Lakh Doctors across India. Additionally, Hidoc Dr. provides Digital Marketing services to your brands to reach Doctors across all Specializations and Geographies. Furthermore, Hidoc Digital Solutions guarantee 3x Brand Recall compared to any other digital solutions today.